20 November, 2011

Am I the Only One?

As I talked about before I do regular searches for the topic of Christian Interracial Fiction. I was surprised when I first did this search to end up mainly on sites that are erotic/romantica. That was the first time I had ever seen that type of fiction. I was curious to found out why the searches lead me to these "finds". Well, I got quite an education!

The Education:  
  1. Most IR have to be erotic/romantica. I don't know but I get the feeling if it doesn't contain sex, and very detailed, that relationship isn't explored.
  2.  
  3. My reason for the search really was left unanswered. Even sadder is that was a few years ago and I still see a drought in the category. 

I do not understand with all the categories of Christian fiction being explored more and the request for "edgy" CF that this topic is basically empty.

What do we do? How can these stories be encouraged? Where are all the readers who do want these stories but are normally given the erotic versions? Where are the writers who feel lead to express this other angle of love from a Christ view?

I know there are others who think this too. So lets meet and share our opinions.

0 comments: